Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Placenta Praevia

Last few days were the most tiring days of my life. I had to “manage” our house alone because my wife was not with me. She was in the observation ward due to the occurrence of placenta praevia in her pregnancy. What is placenta praevia? Placenta praevia (placenta previa AE) is an obstetric complication in which the placenta is attached to the uterine wall close to or covering the cervix. It can sometimes occur in the later part of the first trimester, but usually during the second or third. It is a leading cause of antepartum haemorrhage (vaginal bleeding). It affects approximately 0.5% of all labours.
The treatment? Caesarean delivery. But I still hope that my wife can has normal delivery. Let us pray for that.

3 comments:

Hafiz-u-ddin said...

insyallah...

ohh...

home alone..

it's ok,

after this, you will somehow manage your house alone your wife has safely deliver your baby too..

a good practise...

Hafiz Hanif said...

heard about your wife's condition from shafiq. tried to call you but couldn't get thru. Hope everything's fine. Send my regards to your wife, and bro... i couldn't believe that you will be a father soon! congratz man! god speed! insyaAllah...

Kak Ell said...

salam...

moga awak, dan lily keduanya sabar n strong,k. sampaikan salam pada lily, she has been so strong before, and she will always be insyaAllah.