Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Jiwa Paradoks

I will not dance to your war drum
I will not lend my soul nor my bones to your war drum
I will not dance to your beat
I know that beat
It is lifeless
I know intimately that skin you are beating
It was alive once
hunted
stolen
stretched

I will not dance to your drummed up war
I will not pop spin beak for you
I will not hate for you or even hate you
I will not kill for you or even kill you
I will not die for you
I will not mourn the dead with murder nor suicide
I will not side with you nor dance to bombs because everyone else is dancing

Everyone can be wrong
Life is a right not collateral or casual
I will not forget where I come from
I will craft my own drum
Gather my beloved near and our chanting will be dancing
Our humming will be drumming
I will not be played
I will not lend my name nor my rhythm to your beat
I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance
This heart beat is louder than death
Your war drum ain’t louder than this breath.

1 comment:

Hafiz-u-ddin said...

a good poem...

ummm...

nak exam ni..

do pray for me yeee...