Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We share our “rizki” with a stray cat.

It has been 10 days we have been fasting. Some say that this fasting month – Ramadan – is a month of ‘rizki’. From certain point, it is true indeed. The Muslim will share foods for ‘berbuka’ among the brethrens. The brotherhood will be strengthened. Together, we manifest our gratefulness by performing the tarawikh in jamaah. And sometimes, some of us will provide meals after the tarawikh which we known as ‘moreh’ . Again we share the ‘rizki’.
As for my wife and I, we share our “rizki” with a stray cat! We live in a government’s quarters located near to a ‘kampung’ area. I believed that the cat is from that ‘kampung’ area. I’ve noticed this cat since the first week we move here. Actually, there are lot of stray cats in this neighbourhood, but this particular cat caught our attention and only Allah knows why. My wife and I have decided to call this cat as Little Sing (pronounce as ‘seng’). Since past few days, we share our foods with this cat because it always sitting in front of our main door as if it is waiting for the leftover from our ‘berbuka’ (break the fast). As a human who hold the principle and belief of Islam, I truly believed that our deeds will be reimbursed by Allah s.w.t.

No comments: